Posts tagged Romans 7:14-24
I am the new Kingdom Child Contributor, Erik Dattwyler. Id like to thank Steve for allowing me a spot to place some of my writings
I hope they are relevant to you and your life in some way.
Feel free to leave a comment.
I came to the point where I questioned a God who hated me because I was not good enough. It is an evil cycle of needing God’s help to stop sinning, but Him withholding it because you sin too much.
I only mentally agreed with the concept of Jesus, but went about trying to earn God’s favor with my behavior, or doing things for the church, or saying to myself “I am deep down a good person.”
I knew my spiritual problem had to have a spiritual solution! Standing there on the brink of giving up on God. He got this 100% Grace view of the Gospel to me.
Then……………………I discovered I had never been saved in the first place!
The proof is in the life change.
The proof is by the fruit the Holy Spirit produces in me.
The blackness was gone,
The want to sin is gone,
The NEED to sin is gone,
and now I laugh at all the things I used to do because I couldn’t stop doing them, even though , I wanted to stop doing them, but couldn’t stop doing them
I had people asking what had changed me!
There was a veil over my eyes
I could not see clearly
2 Corinthians 3:14
But the people’s minds were hardened, and to this day whenever the old covenant is being read (Preached), the same veil covers their minds so they cannot understand the truth. And this veil can be removed only by believing in Christ (fulfilled the old covenant).
Now the veil was removed through the revelation from the Holy Spirit
1. That I was Completely FREE
- Free from needing or wanting to sin (And shockingly you wont miss it either)
- Free from performance anxiety (doing enough good for God, to pay for my salvation. I owed God back for what he did for me.)
- Free from church/religion rules (what to wear, what to give, how to help,when and where to attend, how to socially act)
2. That I was broken, am I still broken
- I was a mess, my life was a mess, and on my own power….I made it a mess
- I was not, and I still am not strong enough to fix my life
- That only with giving Jesus every decision in my life…..that God can fix my life…And to always give it to him, cause ill screw things up for sure (I have a track record to prove it)
3. That God’s Grace and Love is unfathomable to me
- He loved me, for the 30 years I sinned, I disobeyed, I did my own thing…HE waited patiently for me
- He loves me, even when I fall for temptation now…Like a father He picks me up and brushes me off, and encourages me
- He will love me for eternity…He has made me a heir, a family member, a son, promising me he will never take it from me. Allowing me to have 100% confidence.
- He sees me blameless and holy all the time, He answers my prayers, He protects me, He favors me, I am his special one.
If you were me….allow me to help you get Religion out of the way of your relationship with God
If the veil can be removed for a guy like me…I’m sure it can be for you as well
For this people’s heart has become calloused; they hardly hear with their ears, and they have closed their eyes. Otherwise they might see with their eyes, hear with their ears, understand with their hearts and turn, and I would heal them.
Written with Love,